Sr. Java Software Engineer
Livonia, MI or Lake Tahoe, NV
Key Skills: Large-scale applications, leadership experience, Java, SQL, AWT/Swing, Application Servers, Serlets, EJB
This opportunity encompasses building both the front and back ends of a very large, enterprise class commercial software system. Therefore, the right candidate will have several years of overall experience in developing large scale applications and a minimum of 1 year experience directly in Java programming.
* A significant amount of architectural design work
* Hands on development, testing, and deploying of the software
You should be familiar with SQL. Background with C++ programming, Swing, application servers, servlets, EJB, applets, JSP, HTML, and AWT would be helpful. If you have experience in developing parsers and compilers, that would also be a plus. Good communications skills are essential. A four-year or advanced degree in a technical field is also suggested.
* Several years of overall experience in developing large-scale applications.
* Minimum of 2 years in a leadership role designing and architecting systems.
* Minimum of 3 years hands-on experience directly in Java programming.
* Familiar with SQL, AWT/Swing, application servers, servlets, EJB, JSP, and HTML.
* Strong fundamentals of computer science, including knowledge of advanced data structures, algorithms, and multi-threading.
* Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
* Four-year or advanced degree in a technical field.
* Knowledge of Tomcat application server.
* Background with C++ programming.
* Experience developing lexers, parsers and compilers.
* Knowledge of Struts and/or Velocity Apache projects.
* Experience in both Windows and Unix environments deploying Java based systems.
* Experience in designing for and testing under large data volumes and stress conditions.